The National Television Academy presented its Sports Emmy Awards at its 25th annual awards ceremony Monday, April 19, at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City.
The awards recognize outstanding achievement by individuals and programs broadcast throughout 2003. Awards were presented in categories such as: Outstanding Technical Remote Team, Outstanding Editing, Outstanding Camera Work and Outstanding Innovative Technical Achievement.
A blue ribbon panel of peers from the television sports community selected the winners from nearly 700 entries in 27 categories.
Among the winners:
- Outstanding Technical Team Remote: NASCAR on FOX, FOX;
- Outstanding Technical Team Studio: ESPN This is SportsCenter, ESPN;
- Outstanding Camera Work: Ironman Triathlon World Championship, NBC World Triathlon, Camerapersons Wayne Abbott et al;
- Outstanding Editing: Jim McKay – My World In My Words, HBO, Editor Pierre Kahn;
- Outstanding Live Event Sound: Great Outdoor Games, ESPN/ESPN2, Mark Butler et al;
- Outstanding Post-produced Audio Sound: The Gravity Games, NBC, Todd Crites, Jeff Fisher, Gary Rotta;
- Outstanding Graphic Design: Super Bowl XXXVII, ABC, Bob Brower et al;
- The George Wensel Outstanding Innovative Technical Achievement: The Daytona 500 on iN DEMAND, iN DEMAND, NASCAR Digital Entertainment NASCAR in Car, Innovator Paul Brooks et al.
For more information, please visit: www.emmyonline.com.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.