The FCC will be open this weekend, Sept. 10 and 11, to "facilitate relief and reconstruction efforts" by telecom providers affected by Hurricane Katrina. For those needing emergency STA authorizations or bureau consultations, FCC personnel will be available between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the following numbers:
- Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau: 888-225-5322
- Enforcement Bureau: 202-418-7450
- International Bureau (for satellite issues): 202-418-2368
- Media Bureau: 202-418-2180
- Office of Engineering and Technology: 202-418-2470, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wireline Competition Bureau: 202-418-1500
- Wireless Telecommunications Bureau: 202-418-0600
- Telecom providers needing FCC emergency assistance or STAs during off-hours can call the FCC's Communications Center, which is open 24/7, at 202-418-1122.
FCC information relating to Hurricane Katrina recovery efforts and extensions of filing dates for regulatory fees and various regulatory proceedings are available at fcc.gov, on the "Hurricane Katrina Emergency Information" link at the top of the home page.
The FCC regular meeting on Thursday, Sept. 15, will focus on the effects of Hurricane Katrina on communications in the Gulf Coast states.