Belo stations garnered 38 Edward R. Murrow Awards for 2005 in regional competitions.
The Radio-Television News Directors Association (RTNDA)--which presents the awards--honored the Dallas-based company's stations with nearly 40 percent of the awards for which they were eligible, in 10 categories.
KVUE-TV in Austin, Texas in Region 6 small market category, won nine out of 10 awards. WCNC-TV in Charlotte, N.C. went home with six of 12 large market awards in Region 8.
The following is a complete list of the awards that Belo won.
Region: Station: Region Categories
- 1: KING-TV: Large: Overall Excellence, Sports Reporting,
Web Site Broadcast-Affiliated
- 1: KGW-TV: Large: Continuing Coverage, News Documentary,
- 1: KTVB-TV: Small: Continuing Coverage, Sports Reporting,
Spot News Coverage, Web Site Broadcast-
- 3: KTVK-TV: Large: News Documentary
- 6: WFAA-TV: Large: Feature Reporting, Sports Reporting,
- 6: KENS-TV: Large: News Documentary, Spot News Coverage,
- 6: KVUE-TV: Small: Overall Excellence, Continuing Coverage,
News Documentary, News Series, Newscast,
Spot News Coverage, Videography, Web Site
- 8: WCNC-TV: Large: Overall Excellence, Continuing Coverage,
Feature Reporting, News Series, Newscast,
- 9: WWL-TV: Large: Continuing Coverage, Investigative
Reporting, News Series, Spot News
- 12: WVEC-TV: Large: Continuing Coverage
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.