"The Hangover" hung over in first place another week for Blu-ray title sales, edging out summer sci-fi blockbuster, "District 9" and the dark WWII fantasy "Inglorious Basterds" from Quentin Tarantino.
Three of the top six slots were Warner Brothers releases, as major Blu-ray retailers such as Best buy and Walmart have extended many of their special holiday video-disc price points (both on Blu-ray and standard DVD) into early 2010.
According to Rentrak, the Blu-ray Top 10 title sales for the week ending Dec. 26:
- "The Hangover" (Warner Bros.)
- "District 9" (Sony Pictures)
- "Inglorious Basterds" (Universal)
- "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" (Warner Bros.)
- "Star Trek" (Paramount)
- "Terminator Salvation" (Warner Bros.)
- "Family Guy Presents: Something, Something, Something Dark Side" (20th Century Fox)
- "Public Enemies" (Universal)
- "Up" (Disney)
- "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian" (20th Century Fox)
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox