Path 1 Network Technologies will demonstrate the newest addition to its suite of video-over-IP gateways at NAB2005.
Using Pro-MPEG standards (COP 3) for Forward Error Correction, the Vx8000 will be set up in a live network scenario to carry broadcast-quality MPEG-4 video from an external location to the Path 1 booth over a fiber-optic IP network.
The company will combine its long-haul Cx1000 products with equipment and content from other broadcast equipment providers to demonstrate the viability and benefits of video over IP in different network applications.
Other highlights include:
- Contribution and distribution of live HD video over IP in sports and newsgathering applications
- IP to IP conditioning for new MPEG-4 applications
- Vx8000 Video over IP Gateway - carrier-class, multi-port, bi-directional IP video gateway for live broadcast applications
- Standards-based Forward Error Correction (Pro-MPEG COP 3)
- HD x1000 - 4:2:2 MPEG-2 HD encoder/decoder integrated with a Path 1 video over IP gateway
- IP backhaul for delivering video content to teleport uplink facilities
- Live Mobile TV - distribution of live video content to wireless and mobile devices
- Expanded professional services offerings including network design services and consulting for migration of legacy infrastructure to IP
For more information, visit booth SU11533 or go to www.path1.com.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.