Path 1 Network Technologies will demonstrate the newest addition to its suite of video-over-IP gateways at NAB2005.
Using Pro-MPEG standards (COP 3) for Forward Error Correction, the Vx8000 will be set up in a live network scenario to carry broadcast-quality MPEG-4 video from an external location to the Path 1 booth over a fiber-optic IP network.
The company will combine its long-haul Cx1000 products with equipment and content from other broadcast equipment providers to demonstrate the viability and benefits of video over IP in different network applications.
Other highlights include:
- Contribution and distribution of live HD video over IP in sports and newsgathering applications
- IP to IP conditioning for new MPEG-4 applications
- Vx8000 Video over IP Gateway - carrier-class, multi-port, bi-directional IP video gateway for live broadcast applications
- Standards-based Forward Error Correction (Pro-MPEG COP 3)
- HD x1000 - 4:2:2 MPEG-2 HD encoder/decoder integrated with a Path 1 video over IP gateway
- IP backhaul for delivering video content to teleport uplink facilities
- Live Mobile TV - distribution of live video content to wireless and mobile devices
- Expanded professional services offerings including network design services and consulting for migration of legacy infrastructure to IP
For more information, visit booth SU11533 or go to www.path1.com.