Matrox Video Products Group has announced the 3.0 software release for its Matrox Axio editing platforms, which adds support for real-time 10-bit uncompressed HD editing to Axio LE.
Matrix also said the new software release will support Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium and Premiere Pro CS3 software, additional HD and SD cameras and editing resolutions, and new real-time effects.
The new features will be demonstrated at IBC2007. They include:
- New progressive SD editing resolutions — firstname.lastname@example.org fps and 576p@25 fps;
- Real-time colour correction using RGB curves;
- Real-time Adobe garbage masks;
- Real-time sphere effect; and
- Real-time time code filter
The Matrox Axio 3.0 release will be available for download free of charge to all registered Matrox Axio users in late September. It will support all three platforms in the Axio family — Axio LE, Axio HD, and Axio SD. Current Axio customers must obtain an upgrade to the new Adobe software from Adobe in order to use the Axio 3.0 release.