AJA IoHD AJA Video demonstrated software upgrades for its IoHD, KONA, XENA and FS1 products, as well as a set of new AJA Mac plug-ins for Adobe products at IBC2008.
Version 6 of AJA's IoHD product now includes additional format support for true progressive formats in 1080 along with intermediate formats (720p/23.98 and 525i/23.98). Other enhancements include:
- Added audio delay for input and output controls to offset audio for certain capture, conversion and monitoring;
- A new standalone mode that allows IoHD to be configured as an independent conversion device without a host computer attached;
- LCD display that allows users to choose between display of primary and secondary video formats or the primary video format and timecode;
- Active video output filter that manages a comprehensive list of video outputs that may be available to other applications, particularly Final Cut Pro's A/V devices tab.
New features for AJA's FS1 universal HD/SD, audio and video frame synchronizer include:
- Support for Active Format Description;
- SNMP Trap support;
- Audio mapping with channel level and phase control;
- Support for DHCP, SD and HD closed caption presence indicator and LAN LED;
- Naming of FS1s visible to FS1s on the network;
- Locate and navigate to other FS1s via a Web browser;
- Reset one parameter or all parameters to factory defaults via Web browser or front panel.
Version 3.5 driver for AJA's XENA video playback and capture cards includes support for DVCPRO HD with a library that enables users to capture, edit and play back DVCPRO HD compressed Quicktime files in XENA-supported applications. In addition, software and plug-ins now work with either XENA or KONA, allowing KONA cards to be used with Windows and Apple Boot Camp. Also, new Assemble edit features have been added to Machina and to the AJA capture plug-in for Adobe Premiere Pro.
AJA's KONA 3 uncompressed capture and playback card now includes support for RED camera, and includes an active output filter to manage the comprehensive list of video outputs available to applications, particularly Final Cut Pro's A/V devices tab.
AJA's Mac Plug-ins for Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop are now available for KONA, and support a wide range of video formats, including Native QuickTime, DPX, CIN, TIFF and TGA file supports within Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects and Photoshop, as well as support for native, real-time 10 RGB editing in Premiere Pro CS3.
All new software upgrades are free of charge to AJA product owners and are available at the AJA Web site, www.aja.com.