NAB 2009 – Las Vegas, April 20, 2009 – Matrox® Video Products Group today announced versions of Matrox MXO2 and Matrox MXO2 Rack that will incorporate Matrox MAX technology for faster than realtime high definition H.264 file creation. The unique Matrox MAX technology uses a dedicated hardware processor to accelerate the creation of H.264 files for Blu-ray, the web, and mobile devices. By using specialized hardware acceleration, jobs are finished with amazing speed and system resources are liberated for other tasks. Quality and flexibility are ensured through direct integration with Apple Compressor on the Mac. As an added benefit, the Matrox MAX technology allows direct export to higher-quality H.264 Blu-ray compliant files from Compressor.
“Content creators today need to deliver material in resolutions ranging from HD to iPod and H.264 has become their file format of choice due to its high-quality and low bandwidth requirement,” said Alberto Cieri, Matrox senior sales and marketing director. “By incorporating Matrox MAX technology into our popular MXO2 devices, we are providing our customers with the extra productivity boost they need to profitably support today’s most popular workflows, in the edit suite and on location.”
Matrox MXO2, Matrox MXO2 Rack, and the Matrox MAX technology will be demonstrated at NAB 2009 in booth SL3814.
Key features of Matrox MXO2
• Works with Intel-based MacBook Pros, Mac Pros, and Apple Xserve systems
• Lightweight – less than 3 ½ lbs. (1600 grams)
• Fits in your laptop bag – 13" x 9½" x 2" (330mm x 241mm x 51mm)
• Can run off a field battery (or its AC adapter)
• HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
• Genlock – SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync
• HDMI input, output, and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only
• 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion on capture and output
• Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs – HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog
• Professional audio inputs and outputs with 5.1 surround sound monitoring
• RS-422 machine control for frame-accurate capture and print-to-tape
• Captures to a variety of codecs – Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 10-bit uncompressed HD, and many more
• File-based workflow support – XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2, P2HD
• RED workflow support
• HD-SDI closed captioning support
• Works with Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, Adobe After Effects and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component
• Also available with Matrox MAX for faster than realtime H.264 encoding
• Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary phone support
About Matrox MAX
Matrox MAX is a unique technology that implements faster than realtime H.264 encoding for resolutions ranging from iPod to HD. It uses a dedicated hardware processor to accelerate the creation of H.264 files for Blu-ray, the web, and mobile devices. By using specialized hardware acceleration, jobs are finished with amazing speed and system resources are liberated for other tasks. Quality and flexibility are ensured through direct integration with professional applications such as Apple Compressor on the Mac and Adobe Media Encoder on the PC. As an added benefit, the Matrox MAX technology allows direct export to higher-quality H.264 Blu-ray compliant files from Compressor.
Price and availability
The Matrox MXO2 product line is available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. Units with the MAX option will be available in summer 2009. Matrox MXO2 is priced at $1,595 US (₤1,095, €1,349) and Matrox MXO2 with the MAX option is priced at $1,995 US (₤1,495, €1,695). Matrox MXO2 Rack is priced at $1,995 US (₤1,495, €1,695), and Matrox MXO2 Rack with the MAX option is priced at $2,395 US (₤1,749, €1,995) not including local taxes.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for realtime editing, audio/video input/output, DVD/Blu-ray authoring, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit www.matrox.com/video.
Note: Print resolution artwork can be downloaded at http://www.matrox.com/video/en/press/artwork/#mxo2 and http://www.matrox.com/video/en/press/artwork/#mxo2_rack
Matrox is a registered trademark and Matrox MXO is a trademark of Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Technology. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.