New AJA KONA version 6.5 software supports new Apple ProRes formats
AJA Video Systems, a leading manufacturer of professional video interface and conversion solutions, has released a new software version for its popular KONA line of video playback and capture cards: KONA LSe, LHe, LHi and the top-of-the-line KONA 3. The KONA family is AJA's line of 10-bit uncompressed capture and playback cards for video and audio input and output on the Mac platform. The version 6.5 software provides support for the new Final Cut Studio and Final Cut Pro 7 as well as Apple’s new ProRes 422 (LT), ProRes 422 (Proxy), and ProRes 4444 formats, and is available for download free of charge to current KONA users.
“We are incredibly pleased to be able to offer this new software upgrade to KONA users,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video. “AJA’s collaborative partnership with Apple has allowed the company to keep up with customer demands for support for the newest creative tools and digital file formats.”
New KONA 6.5 Software Upgrade Features:
• Closed Captioning support for Final Cut Pro 7, MacCaption, VTR Xchange and AJA TV via QuickTime Closed Captioning Tracks (KONA 3, LHe, LHi and LSe)
• Full VANC data capture and playback support on a per-frame basis for all Apple ProRes formats
• Support for new Apple ProRes formats (requires Final Cut Pro 7):
- All KONAs support new Apple ProRes 422 (LT), Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy)
and Apple ProRes 4444
- KONA 3 additionally supports 10bit RGB/Dual Link capture and playback
path using Apple ProRes 4444
• Expanded KONA LHi support:
- Display of timecode in the Control Panel
- HDMI/DVI detection of colorspace/protocol
- Downstream Keyer added (DSK)
- LTC input implemented
- Analog audio output monitoring selection implemented
- HDMI audio input channel selection
- HDMI input/output auto-detection
- 8 Channel HDMI audio output
• Support for Avid DNxHD QuickTime file playback and video output
(KONA 3, LHi and LHe)
• Support for AVC-Intra QuickTime file playback and video output
(KONA 3, LHi and LHe)
• Support for Cineform 3D QuickTime file playback and video output
About the AJA KONA product line
The KONA family is AJA's line of 10-bit uncompressed capture and playback cards for video and audio input and output on the Mac platform. KONA cards lead the way with features that satisfy even the most advanced video workflows. From the KONA LSe and its complete suite of analog and digital SD support and the KONA LHe, which bridges the SD and HD worlds, to the KONA LHi with support for HDMI and 3G SDI, going all the way to the industry-leading top-of-the-line KONA 3 with high-end features including SD/HD, hardware up/down/cross-conversion, dual-link and 2K support. A simple, affordable desktop Mac Pro system and a KONA card deliver the quality and function of a full-featured nonlinear editing suite at a fraction of the price.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality and cost-effective digital video interface, conversion and Desktop solutions supporting the professional broadcast and post- production markets. With headquarters in Grass Valley, California, AJA maintains an extensive sales channel of dealers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website www.aja.com.
The latest product and technology information
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox