Ki Pro Bridges Gap Between Camera Acquisition and Post, Recording Directly to the Apple ProRes 422 Codec
AJA Video Systems, a leading manufacturer of professional video interface and conversion solutions, today announced Ki Pro, a portable tapeless video device that records files to the Apple ProRes 422 codec directly from camera. Ki Pro provides a new way of connecting production and post with its extensive analog and digital connectivity; virtually any video and audio source can be fed into Ki Pro to record pristine 10-bit ProRes 422 media that is then immediately available to edit within Apple’s Final Cut Studio. Ki Pro will be on display at the AJA Booth (SL2513) at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Convention at the Las Vegas Convention Center from April 20-23, 2009.
“Since its introduction two years ago, Apple ProRes 422 has become the codec of choice for professional editors,” said Richard Townhill, Apple’s director of Video Applications Marketing. “AJA's Ki Pro is the latest product to provide support for ProRes 422 natively in hardware, and for the first time delivers immediate access to the 10-bit, full raster ProRes 422 codec directly from camera.”
Ki Pro allows filmmakers, broadcasters and video professionals and prosumers to skip the process of re-rendering to an editing codec by giving immediate access to full raster edit-ready ProRes 422 files directly from camera. Ki Pro records hours of media to a removable storage module with built in FireWire 800 or to 34mm ExpressCard Flash. The device is a small, portable unit that can sit on a table, in a bay or mounted between a camera and tripod. Ki Pro is also ideal for on-set monitoring, providing instant access to multiple display devices simultaneously.
Core Ki Pro Features:
• Record hours of pristine ProRes media to a removable storage module with built-in FireWire 800, or to 34mm Expresscard Flash, for immediate editing and file access.
• Record natively to Apple ProRes 422 for full raster 10-bit 4:2:2 HD and SD.
• Bridge proprietary compression schemes by recording to Apple ProRes 422.
• Connect any digital camera via SDI or HDMI, or any analog camera with multiple input options.
• Convert in real time from SD to HD, or 720 to/from 1080, in full 10-bit quality.
• Extend client review capabilities with simultaneous recording to camera and to Ki Pro.
• Extend productive life of existing cameras and embrace future workflows with powerful conversion capabilities.
• Built-in WiFi and Ethernet for complete control via a web-browser, or iPhone.
For a complete set of features and technical specifications, please visit www.aja.com.
Ki Pro is priced at $3995 US MSRP and will be shipping in June of 2009. Ki Pro is a standalone unit that includes the Ki Pro Recorder, Ki Pro HDD Storage Module and an AC Adapter. Product options include: an Exo-Skeleton for mounting between camera and tripod; Ki Pro SSD Storage Module; extra Ki Pro Hard Drive Storage Modules; Ki Pro Rod Accessory Kit adding endplates to the Exo-Skeleton; and an AJA Lens Tap Cable Accessory allowing Ki Pro to connect between the lens tap control connector and a camera body.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality and cost-effective digital video interface, conversion and Desktop solutions supporting the professional broadcast and post- production markets. With headquarters in Grass Valley, California, AJA maintains an extensive sales channel of dealers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website www.aja.com.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.