ON-AIR Systems Chooses Matrox X.mio Platform for playKast Komplete v 4.10
Montreal, Canada, September 4, 2007 - Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that ON-AIR Systems has chosen the Matrox X.mio card, part of the Matrox DSX family of developer platforms, as the hardware engine for the full-featured version of its playKast Komplete v 4.10 Channel-in-a-Box application. PlayKast is the primary product of ON-AIR‘s K-Series range. It is a complete, easy-to-use, low-maintenance playout and schedule management system that provides a simple workflow with advanced scheduling capabilities. In one application and one system chassis, playKast replaces several items of alternative hardware, reducing energy consumption, footprint, and fixed asset expenditure.
"We chose Matrox X.mio because it lets us offer advanced features that are important to our broadcast customers,” said Mark Errington, ON-AIR Systems CEO. “A variety of video formats including MXF, VBI/WSS trigger insertion, and advanced graphics and effects are key capabilities of Matrox X.mio that enable us to make the only genuine Channel-in-a-Box solution.”
ON-AIR Systems will showcase its products at IBC 2007 on stand 8.131a. The Matrox DSX product line will be demonstrated on stand 7.228.
About ON-AIR playKast
Not just a playout server, playKast is a multi-format playout solution including graphics overlays and a full range of controls and interfaces. playKast is modular and lets users select only those options needed to create their unique channel look and feel, and to work with the other media systems in their facility.
A single PC performs all of the following functions:
• Scheduling of events to be played out, including full drag and drop changes and additions
• Non-destructive editing of file material for playout
• Playout of live materials
• Playout of file-based video materials in a variety of formats within the same playlist
• Playout of file-based audio materials in a variety of formats within the same playlist
• Ceation or import and usage of metadata for scheduling and playout of events
• Playout of static-, animated-, metadata-, event-, or live feed-based graphical content
• Creation of video effects including DVE with squeeze and picture-in-picture
• Triggering third-party systems and down stream devices using one or more of WSS, VBI, HTTP, UDP or GPI triggers and control via RS232/422
• WSS insertion, modification or blanking
• VBI insertion
• Manual MCR mode using shortcuts, hotkeys, watched folders and function keys
• Recording of events as they are played out, with user selected graphical overlays
• Playout of subtitle files
• Logging and reporting on the amount of commercial content in video and graphic files
• Logging and reporting on the actual as aired material by consolidating playout logs from redundant machines
• Playout control and monitoring
About Matrox DSX Developer Products
The Matrox DSX product line combines codec and effects technologies and a full range of professional audio and video hardware components with a comprehensive Windows XP-based Software Development Kit (SDK). The Matrox DSX platforms exploit Matrox's "Power of X" and “Flex” technologies to enable OEMs and developers to leverage scalable CPU and GPU power to create a wide variety of cost-effective products and applications including NLE systems, ingest/playout servers, character generators, clip and still stores, graphics/production servers, automation and master control units, multi-layer compositors, and CATV barker channels.
Key features of the Matrox DSX platforms:
• Modular 10-bit architecture gives developers the flexibility to meet technical and price targets
• Full range of HD and SD audio and video I/Os
• Simultaneous input and output of different video standards in HD and SD
• Multi-format SD codec support in software - DV, DVCAM, DVCPRO, DVCPRO50, D10, MPEG-2, 8- and 10-bit uncompressed
• Multi-format HD codec support in software - HDV, DVCPRO HD, MPEG-2 at online and offline bit rates, 8- and 10-bit uncompressed
• Native MXF support for IMX, XDCAM HD and DCVPRO HD
• MPEG-2 4:2:2:4 YUVA I-frame codec in HD and SD
• Exploits CPU power to perform software effects on multiple streams in real time
• On-board 8- and 10-bit compositor/keyer
• On-board 8- and 10-bit scaler for YUV 4:2:2 and YUVA 4:2:2:4
• Professional realtime effects including sub-pixel 2D DVE, color correction, chroma/luma keying, graphics overlay, smooth speed changes
• GPU co-processor for realtime 3D effects
• Key input and output support
• Multiple board support in a single chassis
• Application development support by a team of dedicated, experienced engineers
About ON-AIR Systems
Headquartered in London, with a development facility in Zagreb, ON-AIR Systems is a specialist software developer of video automation solutions. An innovator in the development of tapeless automation, ON-AIR has been delivering PC-based solutions for over a decade to channels of all sizes. For more information visit www.on-air-systems.com.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for realtime editing, DVD authoring, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit www.matrox.com/video.
Matrox is a registered trademark and Matrox DSX is a trademark of Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.