Canon, Sony among five top finalists for 2012 IABM design, innovation awards
The International Association of Broadcasting Manufacturers (IABM) announced Aug. 28 the top five finalists for the 2012 IABM Awards for Design and Innovation.
All five entries have been judged worthy of an IABM Award for Excellence, and the top pick will be honored with the IABM Peter Wayne Award at the IABM's awards reception on Saturday, Sept. 8, at IBC2012.
The finalists for the 2012 IABM Awards for Design and Innovation are:
- Canon EOS-1D C, a professional digital SLR camera with 4k resolution video capability;
- Civolution SyncNow — Smart Services, a server-side, content-triggering service that provides real-time recognition of broadcast content independent of the broadcaster;
- Glensound Electronics HD Voice, a technology that offers 7kHz audio as a voice call on a 3G network at no extra call costs;
- Sony NXL-IP55, a live IP transmission system enabling four HD video and audio data streams to be transmitted over an IP network (LAN) with an ultra-low latency; and
- Timecode Systems Timecode Buddy: Wi-Fi Master, a Wi-Fi- and RF-enabled multichannel timecode receiver with a programmable generator and display.
"Our IABM Industry Trends Survey has identified the ongoing investment in R&D at consistently high levels over the past two years, and clearly this is now manifesting itself in an increase in new products and innovations coming to the market," said IABM director general Peter White.
The IABM awards program is open to all global manufacturers and suppliers, and it recognizes products that offer significant solutions or new opportunities to the broadcast supply industry.
The latest product and technology information
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox