Vyvx has expanded its HD VenueNet Service to include 27 Major League Baseball venues.
The fiber optic and satellite transmission provider's service enables broadcasters to transport live HDTV feeds end-to-end to 270 Mbps over an MPLS infrastructure.
Fox Sports Net is using HD VenueNet to carry live, 720p HDTV broadcast feeds from stadiums countrywide to its Houston facility for more than 60 events during the '05 baseball season.
Vyvx--a subsidiary of WilTel Communications--has also expanded its SD footprint to broadcast customers. The Tulsa, Okla.-based company now has 54 television switching centers (TSCs) across the nation, most recently in Tallahassee, Fla. Additionally Vyvx has expanded its MPEG-2 compressed fiber services to Miami.
The new HD VenueNet locations are:
- Oriole Park, Baltimore
- Fenway Park, Boston
- U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago
- Wrigley Field, Chicago
- Great American Ballpark, Cincinnati
- Jacobs Field, Cleveland
- The Ballpark in Arlington, Arlington, Texas
- Comerica Park, Detroit
- Minute Maid Park, Houston
- Kaufman Stadium, Kansas City
- Edison Field, Anaheim, Calif.
- Pro Player Stadium, Miami
- Miller Park, Milwaukee
- Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia
- Network Associates Coliseum, San Francisco
- Safeco Field, Seattle
- Busch Stadium, St. Louis
- Tropicana Field, Tampa, Fla.