Samsung Electronics has developed the first 70in LCD panel for use in the consumer TV market. Currently, the largest LCD TV screen size is 65in. The company unveiled its 70in LCD HDTV at the International Meeting on Information Displays (IMID) 2006, which opened in Daegu, Korea, on Aug. 23.
Samsung’s latest LCD panel supports full HD resolution (1080p) and a conical viewing angle of 180 degrees. In addition, its video signal is reproduced at 120Hz, compared to a video signal of 60Hz for a conventional Full HD LCD panel.
- Display size: 70in
- Resolution: FHD (1,920 by 1,080 pixels)
- Mode: a-Si
- Brightness: 600nit
- Contrast ratio: 2,000:1
- Number of colors: 1.07 billion
- Color saturation: 92 percent
- Response time: Less than 8ms
- Viewing angles: 180 degree top, bottom, left and right
- No. of polarizers: 1
Samsung will begin producing the new 70in LCD in the first half of 2007.
For more information, visit www.samsung.com.