Executives from both the Blu-ray disc and HD-DVD camps will come together to address their successes and remaining hurdles during a panel at market research firm DisplaySearch’s 2007 HDTV Conference, Oct. 10-11, in Los Angeles.
The panel will address:
- How sales of HD-DVD and Blu-ray disc hardware and software compare;
- The state of consumer adoption and what’s needed to motivate buyers;
- Whether there is a magic bullet for consumers, such as lower player prices, upcoming big titles or convincing buyers of the benefits of HD regardless of format.
Panelists for the session include:
- Andy Parsons, senior VP, Pioneer, chairman of the U.S. Promotion Committee, Blu-ray Disc Association;
- Don Ecklund, executive VP of advanced technologies, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment;
- Ken Graffeo, executive VP of marketing, Universal Studios Home Entertainment, co-president, HD-DVD North America Promotion Group;
- Amir Majidimehr, corporate VP, Consumer Media Technology Group, Microsoft;
- Dan Silverberg, VP, HD media development, Warner Bros.
For more information, visit www.displaysearch.com/hdtv2007.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.