The first products in the new DVCPRO P2 series will be the AJ-SPX800 2/3-inch camera, the AJ-SPD850 studio recorder, the AJ-PCD10 card drive, and the AJ-P2C004 4GB and AJ-P2C002 2GB cards.
Panasonic's AJ-SPD850 studio recorder
The DVCPRO P2 series features some critical improvements in durability, speed, stability and accessibility. They include:
- Compatibility: Full compatibility with DVCPRO, with high-performance DVCPRO50 standard definition 4:2:2 recording and a seamless migration path to DVCPRO HD.
- Workflow Improvements: The new ING workflow includes high-speed file transfer, laptop field editing without proxy videos and compatibility with off-the-shelf data storage drives for archiving, while eliminating traditional digitizing and ingesting operations.
- Low maintenance: The elimination of mechanical transports results in significant maintenance cost savings.
- Environmental stability: DVCPRO P2 offers resistance to environmental stresses.
- P2 card: A widely accepted high-capacity storage SD memory card, with more than 770 companies supporting SD memory card. In engineering the P2 series, Panasonic took full advantages of the SD memory card’s recording capacity and transfer rate.
For more information, please visit: www.panasonic.com/broadcast.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.