National Television Academy calls for Technical Emmy entries
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Monday issued a call for entries for the 59th Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards.
The Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards honor excellence in advances in the use, creativity and adaptation of technology that enhances or improves the consumer’s media experience. All entries must be postmarked on or before Aug. 31. Winners will be honored during a dinner gala on Jan. 7, 2008, during the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
This year, the Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards will honor achievement in 11 areas, including:
- Synchronous enhancement of original television content for interactive use (two-screen environment);
- Non-synchronous enhancement of original television content (single screen environment);
- Creation of non-traditional programs or platforms;
- Best use of personal media display and presentation technology;
- Creation and implementation of video games and platforms;
- Best use of "On Demand" technology over broadband networks for active lean-forward viewing (such as on a PC);
- Best use of "On Demand" technology over broadband networks for passive lean-backward viewing (such as on a TV);
- Best use of commercial advertising on standalone broadband devices;
- Best use of creation and distribution of interactive commercial advertising delivered through portable broadband devices;
- Best use of creation and distribution of interactive commercial advertising delivered through multichannel broadband devices (such as set-top boxes);
- Best use of broadband for the development and delivery of commercial advertising in video games.
Submissions must be for works distributed between May 1, 2006, and April 30, 2007.
For more information, visit www.emmyonline.tv.
Get the TV Tech Newsletter
The professional video industry's #1 source for news, trends and product and tech information. Sign up below.