InfoComm attendance up 12 percent
The International Communications Industries Association (ICIA), the professional AV conference and exhibition held June 5-11, 2004, in Atlanta, announced record participation at InfoComm 04. With an estimated increase of 12 percent over the 2003 attendance figure of 19,761, more than 22,100 attendees from 75-plus countries had registered for InfoComm 04.
A record 647 AV systems companies exhibited at InfoComm this year, representing a 16 percent increase over the previous record of 561 in 2003. Exhibitors occupied 263,610 paid square feet of space, compared to 263,600 in 2003. Exhibitors included AMX, BARCO, Bose, Canon, Christie, Cisco, Crestron, Extron, Gateway, Hewlett Packard, Hitachi, JBL, JVC, Meyer Sound, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Polycom, Polyvision, Samsung, Sanyo, Sharp, Shure, Sony, TANDBERG, Telex and Yamaha.
Approximately 75 percent of the attendees are within the industry, while the remaining 25 percent comprise specifiers, buyers and high-end users. Educational sessions were extremely well attended, exceeding last year's numbers by 15 percent at 5,962 registrations for InfoComm Academy educational courses.
Certification testing at the general level was also offered at InfoComm on a walk-up basis. ICIA's certification is offered at the general (CTS) level, as well as specialized levels for Design (CTS-D), Installation (CTS-I), Rental (CTS-R) and Sales (CTS-S). Companies achieve corporate certification with a proportion of employees having successfully passed the tests. More than 1,100 AV professionals take ICIA certification annually.
For more information, please visit: www.infocomm.org.
The latest product and technology information
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox