Broadcasters attending this year’s IBC Conference in Amsterdam will have a chance to walk away from the convention with knowledge to improve their personal skills and further their careers thanks to a free comprehensive program of training seminars and workshops.
Hands-on seminars build on topics discussed in the “Theory Theatre.” Topics to be covered include:
- Planning and shooting Web-ready video. Gain an understanding of video compression and how it interacts with other media.
- Streaming-video Web servers. Learn how Web servers and video streaming work. Examine the different streaming servers and how they work with Flash and HTML pages.
- Planning and shooting for DVD. Find out what to keep in mind before shooting commences for DVD video.
- Broadcast video editing and compositing techniques. Watch demonstrations of various editing and compositing packages and discuss the differences, advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Avid DNA (Digital Nonlinear Accelerators). Focus on the benefits of the Mojo DNA which complements the Avid Xpress Pro software.
IBC’s hands-on training workshops will include:
- Embedding streaming video into a Web page using Discreet’s Cleaner and Macromedia Dreamweaver’s MX and Flash MX.
- Using FinalCut Pro and Macromedia Flash MX. Edit a clip with Final Cut Pro, create a button with Flash MX to link to the clip, and configure the video for streaming.
- Authoring a DVD with Apple DVD Studio Pro and Adobe Photoshop. Go from a folder full of stills and MPEG clips to an interactive DVD in less than an hour. Use Photoshop to build a menu with buttons to navigate to chapters.
- Using Adobe Photoshop and After Effects for animation, 3D and effects. Animate a layered Photoshop file in After Effects. Create a virtual 3D environment with After Effects.
- Edit broadcast footage with Final Cut Pro 4. Learn how to animate picture in picture by animating keys. Build titles with LiveType and create an audio bed with SoundTrack.
- Compositing broadcast footage with Adobe After Effects and Maxon Cinema 4D.
- Put an Avid DNA Xpress Pro through the paces. Cut a brief program with effects, layers and audio.
For more information visit www.ibc.org.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.