A judges panel has named Link Research's wireless camera system as winner of the International Association of Broadcasting Manufacturers' Peter Wayne Award for Design & Innovation.
The award was presented September 14th in Amsterdam at an IABM reception during IBC2002. Recognizing a former IABM deputy chairman, the Peter Wayne Award was established 13 years ago and is presented annually.
The judges also nominated Sony's e-VTR and Dremedia's t-m Production Suite to receive Recognition of Excellence awards. These awards were introduced in 2000 to acknowledge the wide diversity of products that have been developed for broadcast applications, including software, firmware and hardware-based solutions.
This year's judging panel was:
- Gianfranco Barbieri, corporate consultant, Radiotelevisione Italiana
- David Bradshaw, technical manager, Digital Television Group Test Centre
- Om Kushu, formerly technical director of the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union
- Peter W. Smith, consultant
- Professor Aleksandar Todorovic, consultant, formerly dean and rector of the IAB Montreux
The IABM invites entries from all IBC exhibitors irrespective of whether they are IABM members. Details of next year's award scheme will be advised to IBC exhibitors in the course of 2003 and will additionally be available, together with application forms, from the IABM Web: www.theiabm.org.
The latest product and technology information
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.