NAB attendees will have plenty to do at this year's convention. There are a multitude of conferences that will help attendees hone and develop their skills.
This year, broadcasters attending the NAB convention will have the opportunity to develop their skills in a broad array of areas through the event’s Broadcast and Media Conferences.
Engineers, general managers, news directors, program directors, sales managers and new media professionals can attend a variety of conferences with their special interests in mind.
- The Broadcast Engineering Conference, produced with the Society of Broadcast Engineers, will focus on technology developments and implementation. Panelists and presenters will present their insight into upgrading and improving facilities as broadcasters continue on the path to a completed DTV transition.
- Consumer Electronics Association president and CEO Gary Shapiro will deliver the NAB2004 Engineering Conference keynote address.
- The Television Management Conference will focus on ways technology can impress advertisers and viewers and how it can improve efficiency and workflow. Other topics include: plant upgrade, downsizing, EEO, political advertising, ratings and promotions.
- The New Media Professionals Conference, which showcases new media technology and applications. The conference includes case studies, workshops, panels and keynote addresses.
- The Business, Law and Regulation Conference will teach management and media lawyers the proper way to operate a station without running afoul of the government. Sessions include pending FCC proceedings and trend forecasts.
- The RTNDA@NAB Conference will focus on the latest information news directors and other broadcast journalists need. Events include the new Educator Programs and “Creative Eye for the News Gal or Guy Party.”
- The NAB Super Sessions will focus on challenges electronic media professionals face. Topics include: The High-Def Desktop; New Media Visions for the Future; Broadband and the Future of Digital Media; Where Content and Business Systems Meet: Using Digital Technology to Create Value; Next Generation Advertising; New Technologies for Digital Media; On-Demand Computing for Entertainment and Broadcasting; The Business of Streaming Media.
For more information, please visit: www.nabshow.com.