Organizers of the initial IBC Final Cut Pro Users Group (FCPUG) SuperMeet have announced their agenda for the meeting, which will include a presentation by Darius Fisher, who co-edited and co-produced “Fields of Fuel,” winner of the 2008 Audience Award at the Sundance Film Festival.
The meeting, to be held Sunday, Sept. 14, at 7 p.m. in the Culture Park Westergasfabriek, Gashouder, is expected to be among the largest gatherings of Final Cut Pro users and digital filmmakers worldwide.
Other highlights of the SuperMeet agenda include:
- Paul Saccone, director of technical marketing in Apple's applications marketing group, will discuss the latest Final Cut Studio news.
- Film editor Billy Fox will discuss how Final Cut Studio was used to edit “Traitor,” a newly released film written and directed by Jeffrey Nachmanoff (screenwriter of “The Day After Tomorrow”).
- Director of photography Miguel de Olaso will show work shot with the RED digital cinema camera and talk briefly about the Final Cut Pro workflow.
- Simon Hayhurst and Jason Levine from Adobe will show how Adobe Production Premium’s suite of applications can complement the Final Cut Pro workflow.
- Filmmaker Rick Young, editor of Macvideo.tv and founder of the UK FCPUG, will share his "Top Ten FCP Tips and Tricks.”
- Scott Sheehan, Thomson Grass Valley director of marketing, will show a short video of high-quality JPEG2000 shot on the Infinity Camcorder and edited with Final Cut Pro.
For more information, visit http://www.lafcpug.org/ibc_2008.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.