As television news operations continue to grapple with exactly how to manage the Internet as a complementary distribution medium for their news product, Editor & Publisher and Mediaweek magazines have announced their nominees for the 2004 EPpy Awards, which honor outstanding Web work by media companies.
EPpy winners will be announced May 12 at an awards luncheon held during the Interactive Media Conference & Trade Show in Atlanta.
Among the nominees for the television-related new media categories are:
- Best Overall Network TV/Cable-affiliated Internet Service: CBSNews.com, MSNBC.com and CNN.com;
- Best Overall Local TV/Cable-affiliated Internet Service: nbc4columbus.com (Columbus, OH), WTKR.com Your NewsChannel 3 (Norfolk, VA) and KGW.com (Portland, OR);
- Best Internet Sports Service with more than 1 million monthly visitors: The Seattle Times – seattletimes.com, CBS SportsLine.com and SI.com;
- Best Internet Sports Service with less than 1 million monthly visitors: CowboysPlus.com (Belo Interactive), The Lawrence Journal-World’s KUsports.com (The World Co.) and Agence France Presse (Washington, DC);
- Best Internet Business Service with more than 1 million monthly visitors: CNET News.com, The Wall Street Journal Online, MSNBC.com;
- Best Internet Business Service with less than 1 million monthly visitors: ChicagoBusiness.com; StartupJournal.com, The Wall Street Journal’s center for entrepreneurs, SiliconValley.com of Knight Ridder Digital.
For more information please visit http://www.seeuthere.com/rsvp/invitation/invitation.asp?id=/m2c6a4-966696654497.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.