Dalet Digital Media Systems, a provider of media asset management and digital production tools, is working with Network Appliance (NetApp) to address the needs of the broadcast and digital media management markets. The combination of Dalet's software solutions and NetApp storage provides a flexible solution for implementing tapeless environments and managing digital assets.
Nicolas Hans, director of marketing at Dalet, said broadcast video applications required large bandwidth and storage capacities, and that's exactly what this new partnership will address. The company's software solutions have been optimized for the NetApp unified storage platform and several broadcasters around the world have already taken advantage of the combined solution to run their 24 /7 operations.
Dalet solutions include:
- DaletPlus News Suite — the tapeless newsroom that provides TV stations with an integrated newsroom computer system and news production platform;
- DaletPlus News Library — media asset management for news and sports that offers TV and radio broadcasters with a turn-key digital archive platform;
- DaletPlus Media Library — flexible automation and archiving that facilitates digital migration of legacy archives;
- DaletPlus Radio Suite — digital audio production and playout for news and networks that allows radio broadcasters to implement tapeless workflows;
- DaletPlus ActiveLog — a logging and monitoring platform that enables a number of non-broadcast organizations, such as courts, parliaments, national agencies and corporations, to record, log, archive and distribute audio and video feeds.
Dalet also offers a Web services-based application programming interface (API) that facilitates the integration of Dalet systems with third-party middleware for service-oriented architectures.
NetApp storage helps customers safeguard their data assets and simplify their data management processes for primary storage, backup, data protection, compliance and archiving needs.
For more information, visit www.dalet.com.