Blackmagic Design has announced DeckLink Extreme. The system features PCI Express (PCIe) compatibility with the new Power Macintosh.
PCIe is a PCI Express version of Blackmagic Design's DeckLink Extreme capture card that features a high-speed PCI Express one lane interface running at 2.5Gb/s.
It connects to any SD deck because it combines both 10-bit SDI digital video and analog YUV component video into a single compact PCI Express card.
DeckLink Extreme PCIe includes full support for all QuickTime-based Mac OS X applications including Final Cut Pro HD, Apple Shake, Adobe Photoshop, DVD Studio Pro, Adobe After Effects, Apple Motion and iDVD.
Other features include:
- SMPTE-259M 10-bit SDI input, and output.
- Uncompressed 10-bit and uncompressed 8-bit SDI capture and playback modes.
- SPDIF/unbalanced AES audio output for monitoring and mastering.
- Built-in DV Bridge. Real time and instant playback from DV edits to video output.
- Generates SDI video sync internally.
- Genlock input for syncing to large broadcast systems.
- Switchable between NTSC and PAL.
For more information, visit www.blackmagic-design.com.