Matrox Video Products Group has released Version 3.6 of its Matrox RT.X2. The new version includes support for Microsoft Windows Vista Business or Ultimate (32-bit) and real-time playback of Sony XDCAM EX MP4 clips.
“The Matrox RT.X2 platforms provide a huge productivity boost with real-time native editing of all HQ- and SP-mode resolutions and frame rates,” said Pierre-Martin Dion, Matrox product manager. “Users can even mix their XDCAM EX footage in real time with HDV, P2 MXF, and SD material on Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 timelines.”
The Matrox RT.X2 platforms extend the capabilities of the Adobe CS3 software with added benefits, including:
- Real-time, mixed-format, multilayer workflows that combine HD and SD material from analog and digital sources
- Real-time Matrox Flex CPU effects
- Real-time and accelerated Matrox Flex GPU effects
- Real-time playback of 32-bit MPEG-2 I-frame AVI files with alpha in HD and SD
- Real-time, mixed-format multicam
- Real-time, high-quality downscaling for analog SD output from an HD timeline
- Accelerated export to Blu-ray, DVD, multimedia formats including Flash Video and Adobe Clip Notes
- Composite, Y/C, HD/SD analog component input and output
Matrox Mx.tools 3.6 requires Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 Version 3.2.0 and is available as a free download from the Matrox Web site to all registered users.