New Compact Processor and I/O Units Expand Flexibility and Reduce Cost of C100 HD Broadcast Console Range
SAN FRANCISCO, CA—At the recent AES Convention, Solid State Logic demonstrated the latest generation of the market leading C100 HD Digital Broadcast Console Range. The C100 HD-L was showcased with the new BlackRock processor system and accompanying RIO modular I/O rack. The C100 HD, C100 HD-S and the new C100 HD-L Consoles, along with a full range of routing and I/O options via the CS-B Stage Box and/or MORSE, are designed to fit installations from smaller market local stations and mobile trucks to national broadcasting facilities.
BlackRock is a new miniaturized version of the industry proven SSL Centuri Processing Core that reduces the size of the rack enclosure to a compact 2U. The new accompanying RIO I/O reduces the size of the Centuri I/O enclosure to an extremely efficient 7U. BlackRock & RIO further enhances the appeal of the C100 HD-S and C100 HD-L consoles to mobile broadcasters and space conscious installers.
BlackRock delivers these remarkable space savings through the use of new CPCIe card based DSP processing cores, which provide a minimum sustained audio processing rate of 32 GFLOPS of processing power per core card. SSL’s optimized audio algorithms can achieve up to 53 GFLOPS per Blackrock core enabling SSL’s proven software environment and unrivalled audio processing capabilities to be sustained in this compact format.
BlackRock Key Features
•Minimum sustained audio processing rate of 32 GFLOPS in one Blackrock core
•SSL’s optimized audio algorithms can achieve up to 53 GFLOPS per Blackrock core
•In-built signal routing matrix with 5.3 million crosspoints (2,300 sources x 2,300 destinations)
•40-bit (floating point) internal audio processing resolution
•64-bit internal data bus resolution
“The development of the new technology in BlackRock and RIO enhances the flexibility and space efficiency of the C100 HD console range,” says Dan Duffell, Head of Marketing for SSL. “The C100 HD range delivers HD Ready ‘Live-To-Air’ digital audio console solutions to suit the needs and budgets of local, mobile and national broadcasters and the new compact processing and I/O options further reinforce that.”
There are three consoles available in the C100 HD console range. The newest member of the C100 family is the C100 HD-L pre-configured console designed for the facility needing C100 power, without the high capacity provided by the flagship C100 HD. All three consoles address the needs of every type of broadcaster. Suggested applications are listed below:
Pre-configured console & I/O for local broadcast installations
• 32-fader console: up to 192 audio channels
• Miniaturized Centuri processing: Network-proven technology priced for regional TV stations
• Complete C100 HD functionality: proven operation, ready for digital and HD
• Slimline control surface: enhanced ergonomics and more faders within space-restricted control rooms
Scalable slimline console & I/O for mobile & space conscious installations
• Scalable console surface: up to 512 audio channels
• Proven Centuri processing available in a range of size and low noise configurations
• Complete C100 HD functionality: proven operation, ready for HD productions
• Slimline control surface: enhanced ergonomics and more faders within space-restricted control rooms: 64 faders in a 96” console width
Industry standard scalable console & I/O for network centre applications
• Completely scalable console surface, processing and I/O
• Up to 512 channels: Over 600 inputs: Up to 4000 active signal paths
• Very high resolution floating point architecture underpins absolute sonic performance
• Simultaneous formats including HD – easily handles any feeds from around the world
• The power to handle the most demanding applications controlled by the most elegant and streamlined hardware and software available
Modular Resource Sharing Engine for C-Series Consoles
• Extremely reliable, cost effective, and scalable solution for sharing audio I/O and managing related control data in multi-studio broadcast facilities.
• Fast switchover of any control room between multiple studio floors and parallel usage of the studio floor resources by multiple control rooms – with full ownership arbitration
• Control of MORSE I/O parameters and cross point routing is fully integrated into the C100’s user interfaces, resulting in a seamless operational experience
• Designed for critical on-air environments with hardware redundancy and fault tolerant proprietary software
Solid State Logic is the world’s leading manufacturer of analogue and digital audio consoles and provider of creative tools for music, broadcast and post production professionals. For more information about our award-winning products, please visit: www.solid-state-logic.com
Get the TV Tech Newsletter
The professional video industry's #1 source for news, trends and product and tech information. Sign up below.