The Advisory Committee on Diversity for Communications in the Digital Age adopted several recommendations from its subcommittees during its Dec. 10 meeting at Florida Memorial College in Miami, FL.
- establishing a Web-based diversity resource directory;
- modifying EEO rules to include separate “menus” for recruitment and for career advancement;
- urging the commission to issue a rule concerning foreign investment in broadcast properties that could enhance access to capital for minority entrepreneurs;
- urging the commission to issue a policy statement that divestiture remedies should promote opportunities for small businesses, women and minorities to own and operate media and telecommunications services;
- adopting a follow-up report on the best of Best Practices to promote diversity.
For more information, visit www.fcc.gov.