The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) honored several companies with Technology & Engineering Awards during its 59th Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards Jan. 8 at the 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
The winners included:
- For ATSC broadcast transmission system RF filters: Electronics Research (ERI), Dielectric Communications, Harris Broadcast and Micro Communications (MCI)
- For monitoring for compliance standards for ATSC and DVB transport streams: Rhode & Schwarz, Tektronix, Thomson and Pixelmetrix
- For development, productization, and commercialization of interactive video-on-demand (VOD) two-way infrastructure and signaling, leading to large scale VOD implementations: Time Warner Cable, Scientific Atlanta, N2 Broadband (TANDBERG Television).
- For coaxial cable technology: AT&T
- For pioneering development of a fully monitored fiber optic based digital network for occasional use and full time video services with fully provisioned local video access at shared use sports venues: Vyvx Services
- For development and implementation of an integrated and portable IP-based live, edit and store-and-forward digital newsgathering system: CNN.
For a complete list, click here.
For more information, visit: www.emmyonline.tv.