Cinemax Goes HD

HBO announced that it will launch a High Definition channel of its Cinemax premium movie channel in the second half of 2003. HBO plans to offer approximately 70 percent of Cinemax's daily schedule of movies and documentaries in 1080i with the remaining 30 percent up-converted to 1080i. HBO was among the first to lau
Author:
Publish date:

HBO announced that it will launch a High Definition channel of its Cinemax premium movie channel in the second half of 2003.

HBO plans to offer approximately 70 percent of Cinemax's daily schedule of movies and documentaries in 1080i with the remaining 30 percent up-converted to 1080i.

HBO was among the first to launch an HD pay channel in March 1999. More than 65 percent of the HBO is in true HD; more than 80 percent of the theatrical films on HBO's HD channel are in true HD.