Dozens of HD monitors at the ESPN Zone sports bar and restaurant in Washington, D.C., recently underwent a complete upgrade and its new array of hardware may have some sports fans thinking they died and went to HD heaven. According to Guy Savage, AV systems manager at Disney, the D.C. property now features the following lineup:
• One 16 ft. x 9 ft. HD projector screen
• Ten 50-inch plasma monitors (Philips and Samsung)
• Forty-six 42-inch plasma monitors (Philips and Samsung)
• Six 26-inch LCD monitors (Samsung)
• One 32-inch LCD monitor (Samsung)
• Twenty 30-inch LCD monitors (Philips)
Savage said the D.C. eatery's various monitors have both 720p and 1080i native displays, and several units are "professional grade" (versus consumer grade), and therefore, come with more control function capabilities and durability.
Get the TV Tech Newsletter
The professional video industry's #1 source for news, trends and product and tech information. Sign up below.