Sales of Blu-ray Disc packaged content continues to register very low numbers among all disc sales (including standard DVD)—only about 4 percent, according to Nielsen. Retailers and manufacturers are hoping for a major spurt in the upcoming holiday sales season, but the turbulent economy in many parts of the world is hampering any healthy projections for Blu-ray titles and the prerequisite new players to view them.
According to Rentrak, here are the top 10 Blu-ray title sales for the week ending Sept. 27:
- "Sex and the City: The Movie" (Warner Bros.)
- "The Godfather Collection: Coppola" (Paramount)
- "Transformers" (Paramount)
- "Speed Racer" (Warner Bros.)
- "The Forbidden Kingdom" (Lion's Gate)
- "Leatherheads" (Universal)
- "Batman Begins" (Warner Bros.)
- "88 Minutes" (Sony)
- "Deception" (Twentieth Century Fox)
- "The Nightmare before Christmas" (Disney)
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Technology. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.