The latest version (6.5) of the KONA line of video playback and capture cards from AJA Video Systems support the new Final Cut Studio and Final Cut Pro 7 software programs as well as Apple’s new ProRes 422 (LT), ProRes 422 (Proxy), and ProRes 4444 formats.
The KONA line — including the KONA LSe, LHe, LHi and KONA 3cards — offers 10-bit uncompressed capture and playback for video and audio input and output on the Mac platform. The new version 6.5 KONA software is available for download free of charge to current KONA users.
New KONA 6.5 software upgrade features include:
- closed captioning support for Final Cut Pro 7, MacCaption, VTR Xchange and AJA TV via QuickTime closed-captioning tracks (KONA 3, LHe, LHi and LSe);
- full VANC data capture and playback support on a per-frame basis for all Apple ProRes formats;
- support for new Apple ProRes formats (requires Final Cut Pro 7);
- support for Avid DNxHD QuickTime file playback and video output (KONA 3, LHi and LHe);
- support for AVC-Intra QuickTime file playback and video output (KONA 3, LHi and LHe); and
- support for Cineform 3D QuickTime file playback and video output (KONA 3).
The KONA LSe and its complete suite of analog and digital SD support, the KONA LHe, which bridges the SD and HD worlds, the KONA LHi with support for HDMI and 3G SDI, and the KONA 3, with high-end features including SD/HD, hardware up/down/cross-conversion, dual-link and 2K support, are all available now.
Get the TV Tech Newsletter
The professional video industry's #1 source for news, trends and product and tech information. Sign up below.