BURBANK, Calif.—Localish is ready for its broadcast TV debut, as ABC Owned Television Stations has announced that the digital-native brand will be coming to TV stations starting Feb. 17.
As part of a rebranding of ABC’s Live Well Network, Localish will appear on the digital subchannels in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh-Durham, N.C., and Fresno, Calif.
Localish began in 2018 as a digital-first national lifestyle brand that offered locally sourced, yet nationally relevant stories, per ABC. In its new TV format, Localish will expand its short-form series of local storytelling into long-form programming. It has announced 10 series that will comprise its initial programming slate.
In addition to its broadcast presence, Localish will continue to debut stories on localish.com, ABC digital platforms and social media platforms.
“The resonance of Localish’s storytelling has enabled us to forge connections with a new generation of viewers,” said Wendy McMahon, president of ABC Owned Television Stations. “We’re excited to start this next chapter of the brand and give our viewers even more ways to live like a local.”
Here is a look at the initial programs that will be available on Localish:
- “More In Common”: Inspiring stories of Americans who come together despite their differences
- “All Good”: Escape from negative news and discover the people trying to make a positive change in their communities.
- “Secretly Awesome”: Whether you're a local or a visitor, we introduce you to spots the locals love.
- “My Go-To”: Your go-to places to be, people to see and things to do
- “Bite Size”: Highlighting the most unique dishes from local restaurants, bars and festivals.
- “Worth the Wait”: We're seeking out the longest lines in America to determine if they're worth the wait.
- “Pumped”: Uncover the latest and greatest fitness trends across America.
- “Glam Lab”: Watch us test out the newest products and trends in beauty and self-care.
- “Out of Office”: We are currently out of office; enjoy watching these vacation videos on your work computer.
- “Stroke of Genius”: Finding the inspiration behind America's most talented artists.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.