IBC2004 offers those attending the conference an opportunity to broaden their knowledge base with hands-on training seminars covering many popular tools and technologies.
The sessions will be presented as tutorials and are free to anyone attending the IBC exhibit halls.
Among the training seminars:
- BBC Technology Broadcasting Academy – Industry Issues & Solutions: BBC consultants will present 30-minute sessions on managing the analog-to-digital transition; content and rights management; nonlinear broadcasting; designing and building broadcast facilities; asset management; managing media data and auditing broadcast technology.
- Vegas 5 Essentials: Presented by Sony Pictures Digital Networks, this seminar introduces those attending the session to the Vegas 5 interface and its use in creating multimedia productions. Topics will include video editing, multi-track audio production, compositing and special effects.
Sony's Vegas 5 and DVD Software
- Vegas 5 Advanced Production Features: This session explores advanced features such as transition progress envelopes, subclip creation, 3-D track motion and compositing, key-frameable Bezier masking, automation of video and audio effects, color correction and sound production.
- Authoring DVDs with DVD Architect 2: Presented by Sony Pictures Digital Networks, this session examines how to use DVD Architect software to author professional interactive DVDs. Among the topics covered will be creating DVDs with multiple movies and submenus, music and picture compilations and custom scene selection menus.
- Audio Production with Sound Forge 7 and ACID Pro 4: This session looks at audio-for-video production with an emphasis on eliminating pops, glitches and unwanted background noise. Additionally, the seminar will cover creating professional royalty-free music for video scores.
- Test drive an Avid system: Learn to use Avid Xpress Pro on an Apple Mac G5 to complete one-minute video clips with several layers and effects.
- Compositing techniques and building a 3-D virtual set: This session focuses on using Adobe Photoshop CS and AfterEffects to create a virtual 3-D set.
- Create a DVD: Presented by Apple, this session will cover using Final Cut Pro HD to edit footage, adding graphics with Apple’s new Motion graphics application and assembling and creating a DVD with DVD StudioPro.
- Delivering interactive video via the Web with Macromedia Flash: This seminar examines using Flash MX to create FLV for the Web and how to add interactivity.
- Be Your Best with BBC Training & Development: The BBC will offer seminars on DV acquisition, editing DV, interactive TV, workflow, investigative research on the Web and insight into the latest technologies.
- Using Pinnacle System’s Liquid Edition: The focus of this seminar will be on using the Liquid Edition’s plug-and-play HDV support with software-based real-time effects. New features will be covered publicly for the first time.
For more information visit www.ibc.org.
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.