While Blu-ray titles struggle to gain some traction in the video-disc sales category in a tight U.S. economy (where compared to standard DVD it remains well under 10 percent of share), Blu-ray players are expected to continue falling in price for the holidays, along with Blu-ray titles.
For the week ending Oct. 25, these were to top-selling Blu-ray titles (no actual numbers available), according to Rentrak. (MSRP for most of these titles averages just under $40):
- "The Incredible Hulk" (Universal)
- "Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" (Paramount)
- "Iron Man" (Paramount)
- "The Strangers" (Universal)
- "Sleeping Beauty, 50th Anniversary Platinum Edition" (Disney)
- "Casino Royale 2-Disc Collector's Edition (Sony)
- "The Happening" (Twentieth Century Fox)
- "Halloween" (Genius)
- "Transformers" (Paramount)
- "The Ultimate Matrix Collection" (Warner Bros.)
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.