The addition of HD channels and over-the-top (OTT) video services will contribute to IP set-top box market growth over the next few years, according to In-Stat.
Recent In-Stat research found the following:
- The IP set-top box market grew 24 percent in 2010.
- Motorola remained the market share leader in 2009 with 27 percent.
- There is some vendor consolidation taking place with ADB buying Pirelli in 2010.
- Excluding the Middle East/Africa and Latin America regions, which are growing from a small base, the North American market will see the strongest growth over the forecast period.
- In-Stat expects slower price erosion on the set-top box silicon because many SoCs have already eliminated other discrete ICs.
The research, “Worldwide IP Set Top Boxes: Moving Beyond the Telco,” is part of In-Stat's research on the set-top box market, which includes terrestrial, satellite, cable and IP set-top boxes.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.