ZURICH: Firefighters here were called to the house of an elderly woman early last Thursday morning when she reported that her TV set was burning, AP reported. Upon arrival, the crew found neither signs of smoke nor flames, but instead discovered that she had the TV tuned into a German station that aired a fireplace clip during early mornings. The subsequent police statement said the fire was extinguished with the “press of a button” on the remote.
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.