The "Fast & Furious" franchise nearly bookended the latest week's tally of Blu-ray Disc sales with the latest installment riding at the top slot and its first 2001 film enjoying the no. 9 position.
For only the second time since last winter, Blu-ray movie sales leader "The Dark Knight" dropped off the Top 10 radar screen completely — although that's happened at least once before, only to re-emerge as a Top 10 seller a week later.
The Clint Eastwood vehicle "Gran Torino" remains on the list after several weeks (no. 8), while the entire series of TV entry "Battlestar Galactica" breaks into the top four sellers (and with a whopping MSRP tag of $350).
For the week ending Aug. 1, the Top 10 Blu-ray title sales, according to Rentrak:
- "Fast & Furious" (Universal)
- "Watchmen" (Warner Bros.)
- "Coraline" (Universal)
- "Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series" (Universal)
- "The Haunting in Connecticut" (Lionsgate)
- " The Green Lantern: First Flight" (Warner Bros.)
- "Summit" (Summit)
- "Gran Torino" (Warner Bros.)
- "The Fast and the Furious" (Universal)
- "Dragonball Evolution" (20th Century Fox)