Blockbuster theater movies released in 2008 are currently dominating the latest Top 10 list of Blu-ray title sales. Rounding out the list is the prequel to the current top seller (the Hellboy franchise), followed by a new six-disc set of the Spielberg/Hanks HBO miniseries of a few years ago, “Band of Brothers,” which was based on the bestselling book. Four on the latest list are Warner Bros. releases.
Blu-ray is believed to constitute about 8-10 percent of all video disc purchases. The top sellers for the week ending Nov. 15, according to Rentrak, include:
1. “Hellboy II: The Golden Army” (Universal)
2. “Kung Fu Panda” (Paramount)
3. “Iron Man” (Paramount)
4. “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” (Warner Bros.)
5. “Get Smart” (Warner Bros.)
6. “The Incredible Hulk” (Universal)
7. “Journey to the Center of the Earth” (Warner Bros.)
8. “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” (Paramount)
9. “Hellboy” (Sony Pictures)
10. “Band of Brothers” (Warner Bros.)
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Technology. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.