The FCC Media Bureau has announced its lineup of speakers for the July 29 symposium on a la carte programming services on cable television and DBS systems.
Speakers from the legal, technical and economic communities will discuss issues involved with programming on a per-channel basis. They will examine rates consumers will be charged for a la carte program offerings, program diversity, concerns of those in small markets and FCC regulations.
The speakers will include:
- John Freulinghausen, vice president and partner, Booz Allen
- Hamilton Bennett Hooks, CEO, Buford Media Group
- Gene Kimmelman, senior director of public policy and advocacy, Consumers Union
- Geraldine Laybourne, chairman and CEO, Oxygen Media
- Philip Lind, vice chairman, Rogers Communications
- Jon Mandel, co-CEO, MediaCom US and MediaCom Latino; chief global buying officer of MediaCom Worldwide
- Michael Willner, president and CEO, Insight Communications
- Erik Brynjolfsson, professor of management, MIT Sloan School of Management, and director of the Center for eBusiness at MIT, Cambridge, MA
- Gregory Crawford, assistant professor, Department of Economics, Eller College of Business and Public Administration, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- David Waterman, professor, Department of Telecommunications, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- Steven Wildman, professor of telecommunication studies, Michigan State University and director of The James H. and Mary B. Quello Center for Telecommunication Management & Law, Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI
For more information, please visit www.fcc.gov.