The sweeping (not somewhat quirky) epic "Australia" may have been greeted with mixed reviews and so-so box office in North America, but it was a big hit overseas (especially in its namesake country) and its release on Blu-ray Disc saw it shoot straight to the top in Blu-ray sales in early March. (The latest sales stats were compiled prior to the re-release last week of the Disney classic "Pinocchio.")
Meanwhile, Blu-ray sales record-holder "The Dark Knight" remained in the top 3 more than two months after its disc release, and fellow superhero "Iron Man" continued to show staying power long after its release, too.
For the week ending March 7, according to Rentrak:
- "Australia" (20th Century Fox)
- "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" (Disney)
- "The Dark Knight" (Warner Bros.)
- "Body of Lies" (Warner Bros.)
- "Wonder Woman" (Warner Bros.)
- "Iron Man" (Paramount)
- "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" (DreamWorks Animation/Paramount)
- "WALL-E" (Disney)
- "Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comic" (Warner Bros.)
- "Sex Drive" (Summit)
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.