"The Hurt Locker," the critically acclaimed Summit title which details the life-and-death activities of a bomb squad of U.S. soldiers in Iraq, assumed the top slot in the Blu-ray Top 10 in its first week in video-disc release, overtaking the biggest comedy moneymaker of all time, "The Hangover."
The middle of the pack was dominated by a trio of titles from Sony Pictures: "District 9" (3rd); "Halloween II" (5th); and "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" (7th).
The Top 10 Blu-ray title sales for the week ending Jan. 17, according to Nielsen VideoScan:
- "The Hurt Locker" (Summit)
- "The Hangover" (Warner Bros.)
- "District 9" (Sony Pictures)
- "Inglourious Basterds" (Universal)
- "Halloween II" (Sony Pictures)
- "Star Trek" (Paramount)
- "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" (Sony Pictures)
- "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" (Paramount/DreamWorks)
- "I Can Do Bad All By Myself" (Lionsgate)
- "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" (Warner Bros.)
The latest product and technology information
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox