Panasonic Broadcast has announced the availability of the shoulder-mount AJ-SPC700 DVCPRO P2 camcorder.
The AJ-SPC700 combines a 2/3in 520,000-pixel, IT 3-CCD camera with 60 fields interlace recording in 25Mb/s DVCPRO/DV and 50Mb/s 4:2:2 DVCPRO50 format on a P2 card. The camera is switchable between 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios, has 750-line resolution, an S/N ratio of 63dB, a high sensitivity of F11 at 2000 lux, and minimum illumination of 0.5 lux (at +36dB). Digital Super Gain provides up to an additional 20dB at 6fps.
Other features include:
- Low-power consumption of 20W
- A 12-axis matrix color correction system, and a news gamma curve that preserves image quality by suppressing over-saturation in highlight areas during sudden changes in contrast.
- Five P2 card slots that allows continuous recording (providing up to 160 minutes record capacity at DVCPRO and 80 minutes in DVCPRO50 with 8GB P2 cards).
- Hot swap function that allows a user to replace any P2 card (except the one being recorded on) on the fly.
- A sixth PC card slot is provided to accept a range of options, such as an MPEG-4 Proxy video encoder.
The AJ-SPC700 is customizable with features such as four user scene files, three user setup buttons, and camera setup memory (up to eight camera setups can be saved to a SD memory card).
For more information, visit www.panasonic.com/p2.