SUNNYVALE, CALIF. — OCTOBER 22, 2009 — At SCTE Cable-Tec 2009 booth #11107, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) will feature its unique and comprehensive portfolio of solutions that enable cable operators to deliver an expanding range of advanced video services. Key demonstrations will include Harmonic's MediaPrism™ suite of tools for converged video delivery to any device, the Electra® 8000 encoder's superior quality 4:1 HD or 18:1 SD MPEG-2 compression, ACE™ any-to-any high quality transcoding technology, fiber-deep HFC access solutions and integrated audio level adjustment.
Harmonic will also feature a live technology demonstration of its exciting HectoQAM™ edge processing technology currently in development, feeding video streams directly to Harmonic's SUPRALink™ 1550 nm DWDM transport system for ultra-efficient delivery across the HFC network.
"Harmonic's broadening set of solutions offers cable operators numerous benefits including superior performance and video quality, a more comprehensive feature set, outstanding density and lower cost," said David Price, Vice President of Business Development and Marketing Communications for Harmonic Inc. "At this year's SCTE exhibition we will showcase innovative technologies that give our cable customers more flexibility and the ability to deliver more advanced video services such as TV everywhere offerings."
Pace-setting solutions on display at Harmonic's booth #11107 include:
• The industry's most comprehensive TV everywhere solution—Harmonic's MediaPrism convergence suite of tools for real-time and offline content creation, transformation, distribution and delivery to any device
• Superior quality 4:1 HD/18:1 SD MPEG-2 statistical multiplexing with the Electra 8000 SD/HD MPEG-2/AVC encoder, Harmonic's latest generation solution selected by several North American cable MSOs
• Any-to-any format conversion for up to 80 SD or 20 HD channels in 1-RU with Harmonic's ProStream™ 1000 stream processing platform with ACE technology, offering industry-leading density for video and audio transcoding or re-encoding
• A full range of high performance HFC access solutions including the SUPRALink 1550 nm DWDM transport system, expanding segmentation capabilities of the PWRBlazer™ node family and RF over glass (RFOG) solutions
• Cutting-edge QAM technology including the world-leading NSG™ 9000 universal edgeQAM and a technology demonstration of next generation HectoQAM technology, which promises to significantly reduce costs and enhance efficiency by delivering all services from a single port, eliminating the combining network
• Integrated dynamic audio level adjustment based on Jünger's Level Magic automated audio level control technology
Taking place in Denver, Colorado, from October 28-30, SCTE Cable-Tec Expo is North America's premier technology exhibition for the cable industry.
# # #
About Harmonic Inc.
Harmonic Inc. is redefining video delivery with the industry's most powerful solutions for delivering live and on-demand video to TVs, PCs and mobile devices. Harmonic's 20 years of technical innovation and market leadership enable the company to offer a unique and comprehensive solution portfolio—including encoding, transcoding, content preparation, stream processing, asset management, edge processing, and delivery. Broadcast, cable, Internet, mobile, satellite and telecom service providers around the world choose Harmonic's IP-based digital video, software, and broadband edge and access solutions. Using these award-winning and industry-leading solutions, operators can reduce costs and differentiate their services by offering consumers a higher quality, personalized multi-screen experience.
Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with R&D, sales and system integration centers worldwide. The company's customers, including many of the world's largest communications providers, deliver services in virtually every country. Visit www.harmonicinc.com for more information.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27(A) of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21(E) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including statements related to: featuring at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo its unique and comprehensive portfolio of solutions, demonstrating the MediaPrism™ suite of tools, the Electra® 8000 encoder, ACE™ transcoding technology, fiber-deep HFC access solutions and integrated audio level adjustment, featuring a live technology demonstration of its exciting HectoQAM™ edge processing technology currently in development, and showcasing innovative technologies.
Our expectations and beliefs regarding these matters and the anticipated features and benefits of the products, solutions and technology to be shown at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2009 may not materialize, and actual results could differ materially from those projected. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are also subject to other risks and uncertainties, including those more fully described in Harmonic's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its recent Reports filed on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q. Harmonic does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements.
EDITOR'S NOTE – Product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.