Sony is beginning to reap some serious awards from consumers on the Blu-ray front. Not only is Sony the chief proponent of Blu-ray Disc 1080p technology, but Sony Pictures, headquartered in Culver City, Calif., is seeing a lot of its recently released disc movie titles selling well as Blu-ray content.
Five of the Top 10 Blu-ray titles were Sony Pictures product, although the latest frontrunner, "Friday the 13th", and runner-up "Gran Torino" are both Warner Brothers titles.
The Top 10 Blu-ray title sales for the week ending June 20, according to Rentrak:
- "Friday the 13th" 2009 (Warner Bros.)
- "Gran Torino" (Warner Bros.)
- "Ghostbusters" (Sony Pictures)
- "Taken" (20th Century Fox)
- "Transformers" (Paramount)
- "The International" (Sony Pictures)
- "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" (Sony Pictures)
- "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children" (Sony Pictures)
- "Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection" (Paramount)
- "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" (Sony Pictures)
The latest product and technology information
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox