The 2009 edition of the NAB Show once again will offer insight into some of the hottest opportunities and biggest challenges facing the electronic media industry with a wide ranging menu of Super Sessions, covering topics as diverse as stereoscopic 3-D and mobile entertainment.
This year’s Super Sessions, presented April 20-22, generally are scheduled to last for one hour and will be held in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center in Rooms S222/223. (Be sure to confirm times and locations at the convention.)
The lineup includes:
- Disney & Adobe: Reinventing the Boundaries of Storytelling, April 20 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Independent Filmmaking — A Million-Dollar Look on a Thousand-Dollar Budget: 2009 Edition, April 20 from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Henry Selick: Blending Classic and Digital Techniques for a Timeless Experience, April 20 from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Alternative Stereoscopic 3-D Content: The Next Breakout Hit?, April 20 from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
- Rob Cohen: In Defense of the Action Film, April 21 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Cool Gadgets, Hot Content, April 21 from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- The Making of Battlestar Galactica: Or, How to Create a Dark, Desperate, Nihilistic Franchise in the Age of Comfort Food Television, April 21 from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Mass Animation: Crowd-sourced Creativity on the Social Networking Frontier, April 21 from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m.
- Mobile Video — Entertainment to Go, April 21 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Reality Check: The New Content Paradigm, April 22 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Generations — Media Consumption Habits and Preferences, April 22 from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Josh Schwartz: Creating in the New Media Landscape, April 22 from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Personalized Content: Is It TV’s Next Given?, April 22 from 4 to 5 p.m.