Broadcast Engineering’s Pick Hits judges at IBC2008 combed the show floor looking for innovative products for the TV station operator. Automation is always popular, because stations are looking to lower the cost per channel in a multichannel world.
Of the 20 awards, five products came from the automation sector:
- Fission Software, HD Core broadcast automation
- Hego, AKI LiveBox, newscast in a box
- Pharos, Mediator 4, content management and workflow platform
- SGT, VEDA Suite for workflow automation
- Tools On Air, TV station in a Mac, broadcast automation
In the November 2008 issue of Broadcast Engineering World, we will run a complete feature listing details of the 20 award-winning products.