Pro-Bel to Mark IBC Debut of Morpheus ICE
August 7, 2008
Morpheus ICE, the new automation and master control platform from Pro-Bel, will be introduced to the European market at IBC2008 in September.
Introduced at the NAB Show, Morpheus ICE (Integrated Content Engine) is a standalone 3U platform based on Pro-Bel’s Morpheus automation technology, including the Pro-Bel Media Ball approach to secondary event management. ICE is fully compatible with existing file formats and is a complete system for single channel playout, and by linking ICE units together, a multichannel environment.
In addition to ICE, other new features for Morpheus include:
Two new upgrades to the Pro-Bel Cifer, including SD interfaces and timecode handling will also be showcased at the Pro-Bel booth. Other new products include a high-performance multistandard 3 Gbps (1080p) processing module and multirate (up to 3 Gbps) single-mode fiber transmitters and receivers.
- An advance scheduling tool that now includes intelligent search-and-replace functionality;
- The ability for broadcasters of live events to schedule different commercial breaks for the same slot, using whichever is the most appropriate at the last minute;
- Tools to import subtitle and audio voiceover files;
- A new system architecture application that allows users to enter their system design and use it as the foundation for viewing routing from a system POV;
- An events management tool that allows multiple users to configure applications from raising alarms to performing actions based on the system status.
In addition to its line of Pyxis, Cygnus and Sirius routers, Pro-Bel will also highlight its partnership with Miranda Technologies, integrating Miranda’s Kaleido-X multi-image display processor with Pro-Bel routers.
Pro-Bel will be in Stand 3.A61.