While it’s not unusual for several studios to share in video disc title sales and rentals (both DVD and Blu-ray), it is rare that half of the Top 10 sales for any given week all go to one studio. That’s what Universal pulled off in the latest Blu-ray sales category — capturing the last five consecutive slots on the Top 10.
“X-Men Origins: Wolverine” from 20th Century Fox grabbed the lead position, while a couple of older (aka “catalog”) titles slid down to the third and fourth slots — “Gladiator” and “Braveheart,” respectively.
For the week ending Sept. 19, the Blu-ray Top 10 title sales, according to Rentrak:
- “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” (20th Century Fox)
- “Crank 2: High Voltage” (Lionsgate)
- “Gladiator” (Paramount)
- “Braveheart” (Paramount)
- “Watchmen” (Warner Bro.)
- “Van Helsing” (Universal)
- “An American Werewolf in London: Full Moon” (Universal)
- “Coraline” (Universal)
- “Army of Darkness: Screwhead Edition” (Universal)
- “Fast & Furious” (Universal)
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Technology. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.